- Your Professional Union gives a voice in the public debate over the future of Public Education.
- YOUR Professional Organization—provides networking, leadership opportunities and quality professional development to enhance your teaching skills, including AFT’s Education Research & Dissemination Program (ER&D).
- Membership provides a unified voice for public education to ensure that every child’s basic right to a great public school is realized.
- EEA sponsors the Woodham Loan Fund—Interest free Education Loan - up to $1000 to cover books and tuition.
- Membership provides immediate, experienced representation and sound advice if you are accused of misconduct in the line of duty.
- EEA members support the Gladys P. Hawthorne Fund, which provides small monetary donations to members in dire situations.
- ESP members raise funds for the We Care Fund, which provides small monetary donations to members in dire situations.
- Membership provides fellowship with professional colleagues.
- IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
- EEA worked with the District to establish an employee clinic to offset health cost.
- EEA along with state and national affiliates defeated attempts to take away public employee rights to fair employment.
- EEA negotiated a program to mentor 1st year teachers (START).
- EEA works for the rehiring of our annual contract members.
- EEA successfully represents members in employment issues, including grievances, appeals, and administrative hearings.
- EEA works with the district during school closings and consolidations to ensure the contract is followed when placing teachers in their new work locations.
- EEA, in cooperation with the District, has trained members as ER&D experts. These EEA leaders have provided quality professional development for hundreds of their colleagues.
- EEA convinced local legislators to maintain Teacher Lead funds.
- EEA secured full funding of Lead Money for teachers engaged in co-teaching.
Escambia ESP worked with the District to establish an employee clinic to offset health cost.
- Escambia ESP has negotiated a total of 22% increase in salaries in 7 years.
- Escambia ESP successfully fought to maintain seniority rights in placement.
- Escambia ESP has fought and will continue to fight efforts to privatize support services in Escambia County.
- Escambia ESP monitored the school closings and consolidations and assured that the contract was followed.
- Escambia ESP negotiated a phase in of Bus Compounding minimizing its effect on Bus Operators and eliminated favoritism and bias from the process.
- Escambia ESP effectively represents members in promotion, transfer, assignment, and pay issues.
- Escambia ESP monitors the District budget process in preparation for bargaining.
EEA - Escambia ESP Leadership TrainingLocation: Brown-Barge/Hancock Lane Time: 8:00 am registration
Teachers Treasures (members only)Location: EEA Union office Time: 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
04 August - 06 August
FL Tax Free Weekend
Labor Day - Holiday
26 October - 28 October
FEA Delegate AssemblyLocation: Rosen Center Orlando