Manna Food Pantries
Manna Food Pantries is a local, grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to fighting hunger in Escambia & Santa Rosa counties. Our mission is to offer emergency food assistance, service the food–related needs of vulnerable populations, and engage the entire community in the fight against hunger. We are nonsectarian, community focused and volunteer supported. We believe every person has a right to live free of hunger and to be treated with respect and dignity.
MANNA operates three pantries in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties. Thanks to the generosity of donors, we are able to offer Emergency Food Assistance to those in need
For each person seeking assistance, the following is required:
- For each adult in the household (18+ years old): a picture i.d. and social security card;
- For each child (17 years or younger): a social security card, birth certificate or recent shot record.
Manna Food Gardens, along with Manna Food Pantries, are committed to alleviating hunger in Escambia & Santa Rosa counties.
Manna Food Gardens were seeded in 2005 by a generous $125,000 grant from Impact100 Pensacola Bay Area. The gardens provide an opportunity to ensure not only that the hungry receive food, but that the food they receive is fresh and healthy. Manna Food Gardens currently consist of a greenhouse and an organic urban garden at our Main Pantry at 116 East Gonzalez Street in Downtown Pensacola and several community gardens.
We need you!
Please join us in the fight against hunger by volunteering. Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Client Registration – Greeting and signing in clients and notifying warehouse when to fill tickets.
- Client Schedulers – Answering phones, screening clients and scheduling appointments for service.
- Client Interviewers - Conducting short interviews to qualify our clients.
- Pantry/Warehouse - Packing grocery bags and sorting donations.
- Drivers - Delivering food to our other pantries and picking up donations.
- Garden - Planting, weeding, and harvesting food.
- Special Events/Projects - Assisting and working with special events and projects as needed.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please contact Jennifer Hodgson at (850) 432-2053 or email@example.com.
For information on group volunteer opportunities or special event volunteering, please contact Annie Gray, Outreach Manager, at (850) 432-2053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manna Food Pantries is a local, grassroots non-profit organization. Our mission is to offer emergency food assistance, service the food-related needs of vulnerable populations, and engage the entire community in the fight against hunger. Your support is critical to our mission!
Manna Food Pantries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. We accept both designated and undesignated donations, for operational and capital needs. Manna is also able to accept gifts of stocks or other appreciable assets. Often a donor can realize significant tax savings by making such a donation. We also encourage donors to consider us in their estate planning. Consult with your financial advisor for more information.
We accept online donations securely through our website using Pay Pal. You do not have to have a Pay Pal account to make a donation this way. We also accept donations by mail to Manna Food Pantries, 116 East Gonzalez Street, Pensacola, FL 32501.
For more information, please contact Annie Gray at (850) 432-2053 or email@example.com.
Manna is committed to providing the healthiest food possible to our clients – that’s why we pack all of our bags for all of our pantries and programs based on USDA Standards for a Healthy Diet. We are the only provider in the region that packs our bags using these standards. Please help us provide nutritionally balanced food by donating most needed items.
Most Needed Items:
- Breakfast Foods (individually packaged oatmeal and grits)
- Canned Fruit (15 oz. can, in natural juice)
- Spaghetti Sauce or Pasta Sauce (24 oz. can)
- Plain Spaghetti Noodles (1 lb. bag)
- Plain Rice (1 lb. bag)
- Dried Beans (1 lb. bag)
- Peanut Butter (18 oz. container)
- Canned Chicken (13 oz.)
- Individual Microwaveable Soups (10-15 oz.) (for backpack programs)
- Hormel Compleats (9 oz.) (for backpack programs)
- Individual Serving Peanut Butters (1.5 oz.) (for backpack programs)
We also accept and appreciate all non-perishable food donations. To ensure food safety, we cannot accept any rusty or unlabeled cans, perishable items, homemade items, noncommercial canned or packaged goods, alcoholic beverages, or items that have been used or opened.
For more information or to coordinate a food drive, please contact Chris Knuth at (850) 432-2053 office / (850) 712-2178 cell or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MANNA holds several special events throughout the year.
Manna is a local grassroots organization fighting hunger in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties. We provide groceries directly to individuals and families in need. • Our services are all offered free of charge. We receive no government funding and have no national affiliation. Most of our funding comes from individuals, foundations, faith-based organizations, corporations, and businesses. Manna is nonsectarian, community focused and volunteer supported. • We believe every person has a right to live free of hunger and to be treated with respect and dignity.